KNOWLEDGE OF MICHIGAN’S POLITICAL HISTORY AND UNDERSTANDING OF ITS IMPACT THROUGHOUT TIME PROVIDES THE FRAMEWORK FOR ENVISIONING OUR FUTURE
While our political environment has had and will continue to have a major impact on the quality of life of Michigan’s citizens, there is limited understanding of the political history that has brought us to this point in time.
The Michigan Political History Society has evolved in recognition of the need to appreciate the past so as to better envision the future for our great State.
The Michigan Political History Society is established to:
- Inspire greater knowledge of our political history
- Educate the public as to the role politics has historically played in the State and its relevancy to future policy-making
- Study and document events, groups and persons notable in Michigan’s political history
- Advance research and writing of political history
- Share the experience and wisdom of the older generation with the younger generation
- Cultivate working relationships with pertinent institutions and organizations
- Provide a common foundation for political leaders, educators, public administrators, historians and interested citizens
- Encourage and facilitate the deposit of privately-held political documents with appropriate public institutions
- Promote interest in civic affairs and participation in civic duties
- Foster bipartisan communication and mutual respect and civility
- Communication on a regular basis with members
- Plan and coordinate functions
The MPHS is active on social media. Connect with us to see our latest news, updates on events and photo galleries.